♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Soto Madura (Maduranese yellow beef soup)


Soto, sroto, or coto is a common dish to be found in various regional variations of Indonesian cuisine. It is a traditional soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables. There is no clear definition what makes a soto, but normally all traditional soups are called soto, while western/foreign influenced soups are called sop. It might be considered Indonesia's national dish, served as it is from Sumatra to Papua and in enough variations to fill an entire cookbook. Soto is omnipresent in Indonesia, available in many an open-air eatery and on seemingly every other street corner.

Madura is one small Island east of Java Island in Indonesia, that's where this food comes from. But even though this dish from that place, you can find it anywhere Nationally. Besides this beef soup, Madura also commonly known with Coconut Satay (beef coated with grated coconut satay).
We usually eat this spicy soup with white steamed rice, "sambal" (ground chilly), fried shallot, sprinkle with chopped parsley or celery and spice up with lemon juice.

Soto Madura (Maduranese yellow beef soup) | Çitra's Home Diary. #resepsotoadura #Indonesiancuisine #beefsoup #indonesisch #resepsoto

Soto Madura (Maduranese yellow beef soup)
By: Çitra's Home Diary
  
Ingredients:
- 500 gr beef
- 200 gr beef offal (either lung or heart or tripe) - can be skipped (and substitute with beef meat) if you do not like
- galangal. lightly crushed
- 1 ~ 2 stalks lemongrass. lightly crushed.
- 4 ~ 5 kaffir lime leaves. lightly crushed
- Ginger (approximately 3 cm). lightly crushed
- Several Indonesian bay leaves (daun salam)
- Salt to taste


Mashed/ puree ingredients:
- Turmeric (approximately 2 cm). Peel and briefly roasted.
- 5 ~ 7 cloves garlic
- 5 small shallots 
- 2~3 candlenuts
* mash and puree all ingredients above.

Complement:
- Celery/ parsley leaves. Chop finely.
- Fried Shallots
- Crushed chili
- Lemon juice

Soto Madura (Maduranese yellow beef soup) | Çitra's Home Diary. #resepsotoadura #Indonesiancuisine #beefsoup #indonesisch #resepsoto

How to Make it:
1) Boil the water (about 2.5 ~ 3.5 liters), put in the meat and beef offal. Cook until meat is really tender. Remaining stock should about 2 ~ 3 lt after the meat is tender. Take the meat and strain, cut into small bite-sized. Put back in the broth.
2) Stir fry the mashed ingredients until fragrant, combine ginger, galangal, bay leaves, kaffir leaves,lemongrass. Pour in broth. Add salt and test the taste. Continue cooking until the spices permeate the meat (approximately 20 minutes more).

Serve hot with white rice and complement.

Make "sambal soto" (ground chilly):
Boil birdeye (hot spicy) chili with a few cloves of garlic, strain. Then puree with salt.

Soto Madura (Maduranese yellow beef soup) | Çitra's Home Diary. #resepsotoadura #Indonesiancuisine #beefsoup #indonesisch #resepsoto



Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚






loading...

7 comments:

  1. This meal spread looks so beautiful and tasty! Your soup sounds so delicious and all the spices you used, yum!!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh...I love this soup! And it looks absolutely delicious! I'm going to be making this real soon. And thanks so much, Citra, for the lovely "Sunshine" award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmmm, this is my favourite and even my children's favourite but I preferred with lontong. Looks so tempting, may be will be my weekend menu. Thanks Citra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soup is so good! I love the entire spread that you have on that photo... finger licking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Citra,
    This soup reminded my honeymoon trip to Mt Bromo. Yes, I spent my honeymoon in Java decade ago. I love the soto soup and mee I enjoyed over there. :-P
    Thanks for recipe, I can make it at home now :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious combination looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont eat beef but i might make an exception!

    Jas from www.oureyeseatfirst.com and
    www.facebook.com/oureyeseatfirst

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected