♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Donat Pisang / Banana Fritters

Assalamu'alaikum...
Merhaba from Turkiye.. Hope you are all happy and in well healthiness...
Warm and shinny weekend here in my place. But my husband must go for work overtime due to many jobs calls him for working this weekend... kinda lonely cause we can not spend our weekend as usual together. 

My daughter kept asking me to go out to park because maybe she was boring playing without her baba in home. So we went out just for fresh air. Then I saw a truck seller selling banana, maybe they brought those banana directly from it farmer (Banana field in Tukey mostly in Mersin area).
They were selling banana quite cheap than usual I bought from market or traditional market. They sold 2,75 tl per kilo (usually banana price can be 3,5 up to 5 tl per kilo).. I didn't know why they were selling cheap...But anyway I bought almost 2 kilo for 5 tl (turkish lira)

So here it is.... banana fritters for our weekend snack (^,^) . First, I want to make Indonesian style banana fritter cause I miss that snack, but since the type of banana here is different from our banana using fritter in Indonesia, I know it will end up messy on my frying pan ( I tried once before). So I was thinking to make different batter for this type of banana (which I thought it will not messy or become flabby when frying). Then I got the idea to cover the banana with doughnut batter. The batter will fluffy cover the banana during frying process and it won't make my banana too much messy/ flabby.


They idea is come from dutch doughnut- Oliebollen which I usually make. Oliebollen contains apples and sultana/ raisin...so I make it with banana instead.... And it's surprising me how good and tasty this snack is... try it..You'll love it also ! (^,^)

Make about 20 fritters


Ingredients:
  • 4 to 5 medium Banana
  • 250 gr all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp yeast
  • 200 ml + 60 ml warm water (or milk)
  • 15 gr sugar
  • 15 gr butter, soften in room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla powder/ vanilla essence
  • pinch of salt
  • Oil for fry
  • icing sugar for dusting

How to make:
  1. In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar and yeast, add 200 ml warm water and knead just until smooth. Knead in butter, vanilla and salt. Then remaining 60 ml water, continue knead/ mix until the dough become smooth and elastic batter, about 15 minutes. The batter will be quite wet and messy.                                                                                           Note: You can knead with hand or electric stand mixer.
  2. Let the dough rest about 20~30 minutes. Cut banana 1 cm thin.
  3. Heat enough cooking oil in small deep pan, put few cuts of banana in batter then spoon into hot oil, fry just until golden red. Remove from heat and drain the excess oil on paper towel.
Serve it warm with sprinkle of icing sugar... Make sure your hot tea or coffee ready when this yummy hot fritter done (^,^)

loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected