♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Grilled Chicken with Barbecue sauce


Resep dalam Bhs Indonesia ada dibagian bawah






Selam everybody..... Merhaba from Turkey....

30 degree Celsius rainy day today. Something that exactly reminds me of my homeland. I love summer! I feel like energizing during summer. And nothing is more festive the summer than bright and colorful fruits and vegetables on farmer market. 

And did I mention barbecue time at open air with friends and family? Picnic and barbecue time is officially open by nature..!
Just like previous years, we just prepare some Turkish meatball / köfte and some chicken with local taste and flavor.. almost always same. 


So I wanna try new thing to prepare for next barbecue. This is actually my old fave back when I was in Jakarta, grilled barbecue chicken thigh. I used to ate this barbecue chicken (sometimes ribs) at least once in a week in one of cool restaurant in Rasuna Said at that time.

So today I wanna try to make it in home first for preparation next week barbacue. But today I made this for our dinner 1st and I wanna see my husband's impression whether he like it or not.
The recipe I adapted from Jamie's Oliver barbecue ribs with minor adjustment base on my prefer and ingredients I have.


The chicken turns out pretty much like what I like even slightly different from what I ate before (as I remembered) but they are so Good! Since I use chicken rather than ribs, the grilling time should be adjust as needed cause chicken gets quicker to cooked.

So here the recipe I adapted from here with minor adjustment suit to my prefer.

Ingredients


🐔 1½ ~2 kg Chicken tights (Or use whole chicken and cut into 6 or 8)
🐔 Olive oil
🐔 salt and pepper to taste
Barbecue marinade:


🐔 1~2 red chili pepper, finely grated
🐔 ±3 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
🐔 2~3 cloves of garlic, finely grated
🐔 150 ml unsweetened apple juice (I use sweet one but I reduce my sugar usage)
🐔 100 ml white vinegar
🐔 2~3 tbsp tomato ketchup
🐔 1 tbsp mustard
🐔 100 ml low sodium soy sauce
🐔 100 gr brown sugar 


 Method:
  1. Drizzle a little oil over the chickens, season with sea salt and black pepper and rub all over to coat. Let it sit on refrigerator while we make marinade sauce.
  2. Mix all marinade ingredients and heat over medium heat to shimmer and thickened about 15 minutes. Sieve to get smooth sauce (optional step). Let the sauce to cool.
  3. Heat oven at  200ºC. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan, brush with the marinade and cover with foil. 
  4. Cook in the oven for 45~60 minutes, or until chicken tender-I took one thigh and rip it to check. Note: baste the chicken every 15 minute with remaining barbecue sauce.
  5. Remove foil, set your oven at "grill mode" and gril for about 5~7 minute until you get slightly burning skin on the chicken.

Serve it immediately with your choice of salad, potato puree or fried. I heat some remaining barbecue sauce and serve it together.


Note: best result is grill them over char coal.

 


BAHASA INDONESIA





Bahan-bahan:

  • 1½ ~2 kg paha ayam (atau bisa ayam utuh, potong sesuai selera)
  • olive oil atau minyak sayur yang lain
  • garam dan merica sesuai selera
Homemade Saus barbecue:
  • 2 cabe merah, diparut halus
  • 3 cm jahe, diparut halus
  • 2~3 siung bawang putih, diparut halus
  • 150 ml juice apple tanpa gula (saya gunakan yang manis, kurangi jumlah gula)
  • 100 ml cuka masak
  • 2~3 sdm saus tomat
  • 1 sdm saus mustard
  • 100 ml kecap asin
  • 50~ 100 gr brown sugar/ bisa gunakan gula merah


Cara membuat:

  1. Cuci bersih ayam, lumuri dengan minyak zaitun, garam dan lada. Diamkan dalam lemari es sekitar 30 menit.
  2. Sementara itu buat saus barbecue; campur semua bahan marinade / saus dan masak dengan api sedang hingga mendidih dan mengental sekitar 10 sampai 15 menit. 
  3. Lalu saring hingga didapatkan saus yang halus tanpa ampas , biarkan hingga benar-benar dingin.
  4. Ambil ayam, lumuri dan campur/ marinade dengan saus barbecue (sisakan ±¼ bagian saus untuk olesan ketika dipanggang dan untuk serving). Diamkan bumbu meresap minimal 1 jam. Note: biasanya saya marinate semalaman untuk saya masak keesokan harinya.
  5. Panaskan oven pada suhu 200ºC. Letakkan ayam diatas loyang dan tutup dengan aluminium folio. Panggang sekitar 45~60 menit atau sampai daging empuk (cek salah satu potongan ayam dengan menusuk bagian tengah). Note: setiap 15 menit, olesi ayam dengan sisa saus.
  6. Buka penutup aluminium folio 5~7 menit sebelum diangkat dari oven, pasang "mode grill" pada oven dan lanjutkan memanggang hingga permukaan ayam agak gelap.
Sajikan segera dengan kentang goreng/ kukus/ puree dan sayuran pelengkap lainnya bersama sisa saus barbecue. Hangatkan sebentar sisa saus sebelum disajikan.

Note: Selain dipanggang dalam oven, ayam saus barbecue ini bisa dipanggan langsung diatas arang, lebih nikmat..apalagi sambil piknik bersama keluarga 😊



















loading...

4 comments:

  1. The marinade sounds amazing. The perfect dish for a barbecue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This BBQ chicken looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your marinade sounds so delicious and the chicken looks perfectly delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your marinade is packed with flavor. This is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected